Patient Participation Group (PPG)
As a practice we believe strongly in the concept of active patient participation. The Vine's PPG supports a system of health professionals and patient representatives working together for the good of all.
a) Aims of the Vine’s PPG
- Provide support and assistance to the practice, in terms of health provision, service development and maintaining/ developing the premises.
- Act as a conduit to express patient views to the surgery and surgery matters to the patients.
- Assist the surgery in interpreting patient feedback, identifying priorities and implementing possible changes to the benefit of all.
- Work with the practice to develop and achieve the Commissioning agenda
- Develop links with other PPG groups in the area, via the local GP Commissioning Group and PCT.
b) Terms of Reference
- The group will have a maximum membership of 12 patients at any one time, with a turnover of 1/3 (i.e. 4 people) every 2 years.
- The Chairperson will be an elected post with re-elections held annually.
- The group will also elect a CCG representative with re-elections to be held annually.
- At least one member of the VMC Partnership to attend the meetings.
- Administrative support to be provided the VMC staff.
- Premises for meetings to be provided by the VMC.
- The group will meet a minimum of four times a year.
- The quorum for any group meeting is five, out of which three members must be patients.
- PPG information including minutes of the meetings, terms of reference to be made available to all patients of the VMC.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.